One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Relating to marriage or to a husband or wife.‘the spousal benefits of married couples’
matrimonial, marital, marriage, wedding, conjugal, connubial, bridalView synonyms
- ‘Normally, this would require the surviving spouse to file a spousal property petition.’
- ‘For example, spousal violence was only criminalized twenty years ago and lobby groups are pushing for similar moves to prevent a defence to smacking children.’
- ‘Issues such as child support, spousal maintenance, and division of assets can be stressful and financially ruinous.’
- ‘For post-1976 spousal joint tenancies treated as separate property, since only the decedent's 50 percent portion is includible in his gross estate, only a 50 percent step-up would be available.’
- ‘It is likely, though statistics are hard to come by, that husband and wife remaining together in a very unhappy marriage resulted in high incidences of spousal abuse.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.