One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Relating to marriage or to a husband or wife.‘the spousal benefits of married couples’
matrimonial, marital, marriage, wedding, conjugal, connubial, bridalView synonyms
- ‘It is likely, though statistics are hard to come by, that husband and wife remaining together in a very unhappy marriage resulted in high incidences of spousal abuse.’
- ‘For post-1976 spousal joint tenancies treated as separate property, since only the decedent's 50 percent portion is includible in his gross estate, only a 50 percent step-up would be available.’
- ‘Normally, this would require the surviving spouse to file a spousal property petition.’
- ‘For example, spousal violence was only criminalized twenty years ago and lobby groups are pushing for similar moves to prevent a defence to smacking children.’
- ‘Issues such as child support, spousal maintenance, and division of assets can be stressful and financially ruinous.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.