One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A dozen spotted deer and black bucks and a half-a-dozen sambars were born recently.’
- ‘The visiting children will be taken along Polo Ground Road, where they can sight black buck (one of the endangered deer species), spotted deer, and a couple of jackals.’
- ‘In the wild, the home range (the distance an animal travels in search of feed and water) of spotted deer is five km.’
- ‘The plantings offer much-needed income and will improve habitat for wild boar and spotted deer, which the villagers hunt.’
- ‘She loved being constantly awakened by the soft song of the morning bird, the way the spotted deer sprang gracefully away.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.