One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Join by welding at a number of separate points.‘the wire was spot-welded in place’
- ‘Today it's cheaper to laser weld than spot weld.’
- ‘Its chief advantage is the ability to spot weld from one side of the work.’
- ‘She planted the stack on the floor, casually but deliberately forcing it six inches into the ground, then repositioned the hood, spot-welding it to its support.’
- ‘Another approach is to take a thin-wall tube and just use a sleeve you slide over it and then spot-weld it in place before hydroforming.’
- ‘Gates should be of heavy construction, with hinge pins spot-welded to prevent easy removal.’
Each of the welds so made.
- ‘The joints proved to be equal to spot welds in bending and rolling tests on the wheels.’
- ‘The joint between the two aluminium panels is said to be 90% stronger than a conventional spot-weld.’
- ‘But it's not like a spot weld - it is a surface weld.’
- ‘The robots undertake thousands of small spot-welds, sending sparks high into the air.’
- ‘This system not only allows several welds to be done simultaneously, it also reduces weld time from three seconds for a conventional spot weld, to just half a second.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.