One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without blemishes or marks.‘a shiny and spot-free finish’
- ‘After the spot-free rinse, the head investigator leaned forward and said, "Good golly!"’
- ‘The overwhelming message in the magazines is that getting a boyfriend is the most important event in a young woman's life - and to get one you need to look slim, spot free and sexy.’
- ‘The machine then rolls a video that explains what your car is in for: wash, wax, undercarriage wash, sealant, and a spot-free rinse and dry.’
- ‘If the fish is spot free and it has two sets of barbules at its mouth, you are in possession of a carp.’
- ‘Usually my daughter's bottom gets red and spotty but after just two days of using the wipes her bottom is spot free and no redness.’
- ‘It cleared up after about six months and I was spot-free all those teenage years.’
- ‘These spot-free photos liberate users from hours spent retouching photographs at the computer or sending their cameras back to the manufacturer to remove dust trapped inside.’
- ‘Now Classic FM is mostly staffed by people who are about 25, spot-free and gorgeous.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.