One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without blemishes or marks.‘a shiny and spot-free finish’
- ‘It cleared up after about six months and I was spot-free all those teenage years.’
- ‘If the fish is spot free and it has two sets of barbules at its mouth, you are in possession of a carp.’
- ‘The machine then rolls a video that explains what your car is in for: wash, wax, undercarriage wash, sealant, and a spot-free rinse and dry.’
- ‘After the spot-free rinse, the head investigator leaned forward and said, "Good golly!"’
- ‘Now Classic FM is mostly staffed by people who are about 25, spot-free and gorgeous.’
- ‘The overwhelming message in the magazines is that getting a boyfriend is the most important event in a young woman's life - and to get one you need to look slim, spot free and sexy.’
- ‘These spot-free photos liberate users from hours spent retouching photographs at the computer or sending their cameras back to the manufacturer to remove dust trapped inside.’
- ‘Usually my daughter's bottom gets red and spotty but after just two days of using the wipes her bottom is spot free and no redness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.