One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Produce or form a spore or spores.
- ‘When the flowers form, the fungus again sporulates and starts the cycle again.’
- ‘Although sporulation is a clear indication of diploidy, the absence of sporulation is uninformative since some diploids sporulate at very low frequencies.’
- ‘The alternative procedure, spore segregation, is impractical for hyperyellow mycelia that sporulate very poorly or not at all.’
- ‘Transformants were induced to sporulate and the resulting tetrads were dissected to generate homozygous deletions.’
- ‘Only 6% of zygotic cells complete meiosis and sporulate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.