One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An establishment that takes bets on sporting events and pays out winnings.‘the sportsbook offers a comprehensive selection of wagers’‘they are charged with setting up an illegal sportsbook and taking World Cup bets’
- ‘The first step is finding a sportsbook with a long history of serving customers with little to no complaints.’
- ‘The betting options in the sportsbook incorporate a very wide range of international sporting events including football, baseball, boxing, tennis, and rugby — to name a few.’
- ‘It is the only sportsbook licensed in not two first world jurisdictions.’
- ‘The company beat analysts' full year forecasts due to tackling its cost base issues, and introducing more of a traditional sportsbook.’
- ‘He is being looked at as a favourite by almost every sportsbook and pundit around the continent.’
- ‘It established a series of industry firsts, including the first sportsbook to accept single match bets across the board.’
- ‘This is going to be a huge week of sharp plays, and if more of these road teams cover than do the home sides, it could be a brutal week to be a sportsbook.’
- ‘While they offer both a sportsbook and a casino, in my opinion their forte is the former.’
- ‘The biggest advantage of the UK sportsbook is the regulatory environment.’
- ‘The successful sportsbook will offer the widest range of bets possible, while allowing the traditional customer to place his or her standard bet quickly and easily.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.