Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A protozoan of the phylum "Sporozoa"
- ‘It has been known that fish contaminated with sporozoans would frequently suffer from excessive softening.’
- ‘Most sporozoans are intracellular parasites or at least part of their life-cycle takes place inside a host cell.’
- ‘By far the most common sporozoan intestinal parasite is Cryptosporidium parvum.’
- ‘Therefore, the sporozoans are all parasites.’
- ‘Such sporozoan infections are usually unresponsive to treatment and diseased fish should be removed from the tank.’
Relating to or denoting sporozoans.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.