Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A protozoan of the phylum "Sporozoa"
- ‘Most sporozoans are intracellular parasites or at least part of their life-cycle takes place inside a host cell.’
- ‘By far the most common sporozoan intestinal parasite is Cryptosporidium parvum.’
- ‘Such sporozoan infections are usually unresponsive to treatment and diseased fish should be removed from the tank.’
- ‘Therefore, the sporozoans are all parasites.’
- ‘It has been known that fish contaminated with sporozoans would frequently suffer from excessive softening.’
Relating to or denoting sporozoans.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.