One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chronic fungal infection producing nodules and ulcers in the lymph nodes and skin.
The disease is caused by the fungus "Sporothrix schenckii"
- ‘Similar lesions are seen with the fungal infection sporotrichosis.’
- ‘As in sporotrichosis, the application of warm compresses is a useful adjunct to therapy.’
- ‘Spread of infection occurred in a slow, skipping fashion, similar to skin infection with sporotrichosis.’
- ‘Left untreated, fixed cutaneous sporotrichosis can eventually lead to scarring and disfigurement.’
- ‘Satellite lesions with a nodular lymphangitis resembling sporotrichosis have been described.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.