A chronic fungal infection producing nodules and ulcers in the lymph nodes and skin.
- ‘Satellite lesions with a nodular lymphangitis resembling sporotrichosis have been described.’
- ‘Spread of infection occurred in a slow, skipping fashion, similar to skin infection with sporotrichosis.’
- ‘Left untreated, fixed cutaneous sporotrichosis can eventually lead to scarring and disfigurement.’
- ‘Similar lesions are seen with the fungal infection sporotrichosis.’
- ‘As in sporotrichosis, the application of warm compresses is a useful adjunct to therapy.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.