One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an organism or tissue) producing spores.
- ‘The sporogenous cells of the ovary lead to the production of the female gametophyte or embryo sac that contains the egg cell.’
- ‘To see this layer the region of attachment between spore wall and sporogenous cell wall must be intact, and this is extremely difficult to obtain in broken spores.’
- ‘The columella is surrounded by a sporogenous zone including spore tetrads and pseudoelaters.’
- ‘It is in immediate contact with the sporogenous tissue to the inside and to the middle layer to the outside of the anther.’
- ‘Male sporogenesis begins with the division of a diploid sporophytic cell that gives rise to the tapetal initial and the sporogenous cell.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.