One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process of spore formation.
- ‘In the final stages of sporogenesis, a dense perine is deposited on the spore surface.’
- ‘Extensive investigations on the morphological changes during sporogenesis have afforded valuable information about this phenomenon.’
- ‘Male sporogenesis begins with the division of a diploid sporophytic cell that gives rise to the tapetal initial and the sporogenous cell.’
- ‘This strongly suggests that the dyads corresponded to the final stage of sporogenesis and therefore that they occurred from a meiosis II-like division, rather than from a disrupted meiosis I.’
- ‘Two spores are produced from one pansporoblast at the end of sporogenesis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.