One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A parasitic fluke in the initial stage of infection in a snail host, developed from a miracidium.
- ‘Primary sporocysts were obtained after overnight axenic culture of miracidia as described.’
- ‘Eggs are produced and hatch inside the daughter sporocysts, releasing free-swimming miracidia.’
- ‘Second, it can encyst inside a daughter sporocyst as a metacercariae, be voided with the sporocyst, and then be consumed by the benthic-feeding definitive host, rosyside dace.’
- ‘These daughter sporocysts, containing encysted metacercariae, were then voided in the feces of the snail.’
- ‘Once it reaches the final site, the larva transforms into a sporocyst, which is little more than an amorphous, germinal sac.’
- 1.1 (in parasitic sporozoans) an encysted zygote in an invertebrate host.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.