Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in a fungus) a specialized hypha bearing sporangia.
- ‘This form has similarly shaped peltate sporangiophores.’
- ‘Generative organs are fertile zones, which are formed by numerous sporangiophores with peltate sporophylls.’
- ‘The fungus can be identified microscopically by the production of its reproductive structures: the sporangiophores and sporangia.’
- ‘For example, the sporangiophores are very distinctive but the inner casts of the stems not.’
- ‘Each sporangiophore bears several sporangia, in which spores develop.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.