One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in a fungus) a specialized hypha bearing sporangia.
- ‘Each sporangiophore bears several sporangia, in which spores develop.’
- ‘This form has similarly shaped peltate sporangiophores.’
- ‘Generative organs are fertile zones, which are formed by numerous sporangiophores with peltate sporophylls.’
- ‘For example, the sporangiophores are very distinctive but the inner casts of the stems not.’
- ‘The fungus can be identified microscopically by the production of its reproductive structures: the sporangiophores and sporangia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.