One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Soft cornbread served with a spoon.
- ‘I've made lots of spoon breads, corn breads, and expected this to be more like those.’
- ‘Like all spoon breads, it should be eaten very hot with plenty of butter.’
- ‘We do a variety of spoon breads, bread pudding, trifles and custards.’
- ‘My wife used a large biscuit cutter to make rounds of spoon bread for her composed dinner plates.’
- ‘In the USA, the meaning of ‘batter’ extends to some thicker mixtures such as those for cake and for spoon bread (sometimes called ‘batter bread’).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.