One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Soft cornbread served with a spoon.
- ‘Like all spoon breads, it should be eaten very hot with plenty of butter.’
- ‘My wife used a large biscuit cutter to make rounds of spoon bread for her composed dinner plates.’
- ‘In the USA, the meaning of ‘batter’ extends to some thicker mixtures such as those for cake and for spoon bread (sometimes called ‘batter bread’).’
- ‘I've made lots of spoon breads, corn breads, and expected this to be more like those.’
- ‘We do a variety of spoon breads, bread pudding, trifles and custards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.