One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The deep, humming major chords of this track suggest the forces of order being spookily restored, as cops storm ranch houses, kids plead innocence, and the eight-minute ambient-house track follows the teens right into the defendant box.’
- ‘People make mistakes thinking that if you light it spookily, it's noir.’
- ‘A great moment comes when he meets his father for the first time, which coincides spookily with a visit from Renee.’
- ‘The odd, wandering vocal melody appears and disappears spookily.’
- ‘Indeed, movies seemed spookily to have pre-reacted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.