One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Providing information about the plot of a television show, movie, or book which if previously known may reduce surprise or suspense for a first-time viewer or reader.‘spoilery interviews with the main cast’‘this is where things get a little bit spoilery, so if you haven't read the book, you might want to stop reading here’
- ‘Keep in mind that, like always, the trailer may have minor spoilery details.’
- ‘Without getting too spoilery, I'll just say the spectral malcontent here is a girl nursing a familiar grudge and, of course, vents her frustration through violence.’
- ‘The video may prove spoilery in some parts so watch it with caution.’
- ‘No matter what your opinion is on spoiler timelines, if the next movie, season, series, or book is out, discussing the last one is generally not viewed as being spoilery.’
- ‘I'm not going to give it away, and I'm going to try to not give any spoilery hints, but I will say that the ending of the film is really horrible.’
- ‘Other than the spoilery footage, the cast kept the biggest secrets about the current season under wraps.’
- ‘I made the mistake of reading a spoilery article about the next episode but still looking forward to it even if nothing makes sense.’
- ‘The captions, as usual, are distracting, spoilery and off-the-mark.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.