One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘With the ball - or the scuffed, splodgy, battered blob that passes for one after an hour of mayhem - he is the death bowler supreme.’
- ‘Small touches are infinitely more exciting and flattering than those nasty bright turquoise sun dresses, sarongs and skirts in splodgy prints that inexplicably pop up in the high street every midsummer.’
- ‘‘Slosh acts’ may be controlled within specific circus-ring programmes, and Equity may automatically insure many clowns, but to be sure, insure your own splodgy messes.’
- ‘If I am really unlucky then I end up with a great big splodgy cold-sore!’
- ‘It's not even 9: 00 and my shirt has brown, splodgy stains on it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.