One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A snowboard that can be divided into two parts to be used like skis for climbing with skins.‘splitboards are clever, but they're usually heavy’
- ‘Via snowmobile, snowshoes, skis, or splitboard, thousands of people show up on weekends to gain sustenance.’
- ‘Watch out for that guy with the splitboard coming up behind you, he might just have less "ski" weight than you do.’
- ‘Lightweight gear is the name of the game for backcountry travel, and as someone choosing to ride a splitboard every ounce counts.’
- ‘The board clips alone have made my board perform much better, and much less like a splitboard.’
- ‘By boot and by splitboard, Jones and de Le Rue traveled the glaciers and peaks along Antarctica's coast.’
- ‘At least one splitboard manufacturer is making their splits with a very short inner edge in order to save weight.’
- ‘Snowshoes will hold their market share as a conveyance due the proliferation of hardened skin tracks, but the splitboard will continue to be the desired mode for any serious backcountry snowboarder.’
- ‘If you're serious about winter backcountry snowboarding in Colorado, get a splitboard rather than using snowshoes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.