One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A movie, television, or computer screen on which two or more separate images are displayed.
- ‘The ‘duel’ comes from the newer game's addition of a split-screen fishing mode.’
- ‘Multiplayer options persist to be numerous including the unique split-screen mode where you can pair up to eight people using only two PCs.’
- ‘Miller recently used the split-screen technique on television to compare Woods's swing in 2000 with his present one.’
- ‘Either game mode can be enjoyed with two players using a vertical split-screen format, and that's when the fun really begins.’
- ‘Using its own split-screen software, you can see the results of your search in the left pane, with a preview of the selected item in the right.’
- ‘So, using a split-screen display capability on the TV, it is possible for each warring faction to have not only the image they want but the soundtrack too, in full surround sound.’
- ‘There really is no newfound enjoyment in the split-screen mode and more often than not, you'll be bored after playing for five minutes.’
- ‘The screen tests give you split-screen looks at test footage shot of the makeup and costumes in action.’
- ‘Note the split-screen function which displays the normal view and the zoom area at the same time.’
- ‘In addition, they've added a split-screen replay that shows what two players are doing simultaneously on a play.’
- ‘Finally, Activision has shipped THPS3 with a two-player split-screen mode with various styles of play from Graffiti to point competitions.’
- ‘The two-player mode is your obligatory split-screen racing; chose your bike and course that you wanna race on and you're ready to go.’
- ‘Rounding everything out on the gameplay side is a fun, well-designed two-player split-screen mode.’
- ‘There's also a split-screen mode for two player races as well as a LAN mode for up to six players.’
- ‘Sure, it had a decent selection of songs and a four-player split-screen mode, but that's about it.’
- ‘Here are split-screen storyboard/finished footage comparisons for two of the film's big action set-pieces: the avalanche sequence and the assault on the Columbian drug farm.’
- ‘It would have been cool to have a racing mode or a split-screen cops and robbers mode, where one player is the bad guy - either would have added significantly to the game's replay value.’
- ‘Superbike 2001 does support multiplayer via LAN, Internet and of course a split-screen two player mode.’
- ‘The Main screen is a split-screen overview showing all input, track, bus, send and FX levels on the top with a tiny 24-track display beneath.’
- ‘Some of this super-soldiering can be mitigated by the fact you can go through the single-player game in a split-screen co-op mode.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.