Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A movie, television, or computer screen on which two or more separate images are displayed.
- ‘The two-player mode is your obligatory split-screen racing; chose your bike and course that you wanna race on and you're ready to go.’
- ‘Miller recently used the split-screen technique on television to compare Woods's swing in 2000 with his present one.’
- ‘It would have been cool to have a racing mode or a split-screen cops and robbers mode, where one player is the bad guy - either would have added significantly to the game's replay value.’
- ‘Sure, it had a decent selection of songs and a four-player split-screen mode, but that's about it.’
- ‘Note the split-screen function which displays the normal view and the zoom area at the same time.’
- ‘Using its own split-screen software, you can see the results of your search in the left pane, with a preview of the selected item in the right.’
- ‘Superbike 2001 does support multiplayer via LAN, Internet and of course a split-screen two player mode.’
- ‘Some of this super-soldiering can be mitigated by the fact you can go through the single-player game in a split-screen co-op mode.’
- ‘The screen tests give you split-screen looks at test footage shot of the makeup and costumes in action.’
- ‘In addition, they've added a split-screen replay that shows what two players are doing simultaneously on a play.’
- ‘The ‘duel’ comes from the newer game's addition of a split-screen fishing mode.’
- ‘Multiplayer options persist to be numerous including the unique split-screen mode where you can pair up to eight people using only two PCs.’
- ‘The Main screen is a split-screen overview showing all input, track, bus, send and FX levels on the top with a tiny 24-track display beneath.’
- ‘There really is no newfound enjoyment in the split-screen mode and more often than not, you'll be bored after playing for five minutes.’
- ‘Rounding everything out on the gameplay side is a fun, well-designed two-player split-screen mode.’
- ‘So, using a split-screen display capability on the TV, it is possible for each warring faction to have not only the image they want but the soundtrack too, in full surround sound.’
- ‘Finally, Activision has shipped THPS3 with a two-player split-screen mode with various styles of play from Graffiti to point competitions.’
- ‘There's also a split-screen mode for two player races as well as a LAN mode for up to six players.’
- ‘Here are split-screen storyboard/finished footage comparisons for two of the film's big action set-pieces: the avalanche sequence and the assault on the Columbian drug farm.’
- ‘Either game mode can be enjoyed with two players using a vertical split-screen format, and that's when the fun really begins.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.