[attributive] (of a person or animal) having the corpus callosum severed or absent, so as to eliminate the main connection between the two hemispheres of the brain.
- ‘The patients with unilateral cortical damage replicated the findings with the split-brain patients.’
- ‘In a study involving split-brain patients, it was shown that only the left hemisphere is efficient in producing voluntary facial expressions.’
- ‘Imagine, then, that two different pictures are presented to the two hemispheres of a split-brain patient.’
- ‘In the present paper, we use competing-task paradigms in participants with intact brains to corroborate the previous findings with split-brain patients.’
- ‘For example, a picture of a snow scene was presented (from the left field of vision) to the right hemisphere of a split-brain patient.’