One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For years he was a high-voltage cable splicer, a job he loved because it meant working outdoors with plenty of freedom and overtime pay.’
- ‘With two buttons you can accomplish more than an afternoon with a pile of reel-to-reel tape, scissors and splicer.’
- ‘The gene splicers rearranging the genetic codes of untold species are operating blindly, he says.’
- ‘Three cable splicers and two members of the line crew had accepted the offer.’
- ‘Having no splicer, Markopoulos edited the film with a magnifying glass, cellophane tape an a razor blade.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.