Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A surgical operation involving removal of the spleen.
- ‘Accessory spleens also have been observed in as many as 36.7% of children who underwent a splenectomy for SCD.’
- ‘A partial pancreatectomy, coupled with a splenectomy, was performed to remove the tumor.’
- ‘Because the findings were highly suspicious for lymphoma, a laparoscopic splenectomy was performed and the specimen was sent to the pathology department.’
- ‘Patients who are immunocompromised or who have undergone a splenectomy are at increased risk for severe complications.’
- ‘In clinical practice, this recommendation is often extended to include all children with congenital asplenia or surgical splenectomy.’
- ‘Examples of advanced laparoscopic procedures include splenectomies, colostomy takedowns, colectomies, and Nissen fundoplications.’
- ‘We performed a splenectomy and ligated the bleeding vessels.’
- ‘Because of this, a splenectomy, or surgical removal of the spleen, may be done to combat the disorder.’
- ‘Surgical history included a splenectomy for ITP and a cholecystectomy.’
- ‘He underwent an emergency splenectomy, from which he made a full recovery.’
- ‘At age 27 years, she had undergone an uncomplicated OLT, with shunt removal and intraoperative splenectomy.’
- ‘He underwent laparotomy with splenectomy and splenic artery resection.’
- ‘He had undergone a splenectomy and porto-caval shunt.’
- ‘Laparoscopic splenectomy is the procedure of choice for removing a normal sized spleen.’
- ‘Most surgeons who perform a laparoscopic splenectomy make five to six incisions for port access in the adult patient.’
- ‘A laparoscopic splenectomy usually is recommended when the child has stabilized to ward off the effects of SSC.’
- ‘As with any major abdominal procedure, a laparoscopic splenectomy procedure has potential risks for the child with SCD.’
- ‘In case 1, the surgeons documented that during the splenectomy, the ruptured spleen was difficult to remove because of extensive adhesions.’
- ‘The radiologic impression was that the lesions represented splenic abscesses, and the patient subsequently underwent a splenectomy.’
- ‘The circulating nurse connects the video camera cords, light cord, carbon dioxide tubing, and other connections so the laparoscopic splenectomy procedure can begin.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.