One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Both leaders became prime ministers of this land, as a testimony to their immaturity and spitefulness.’
- ‘Absorbed by the character both physically and expressively she capably displays a repellent degree of manipulation and spitefulness and there is an almost diabolical edge to her performance.’
- ‘The love and respect my mother held for my father turned now to hatred and spitefulness.’
- ‘I have never seen O'Brien descend to such a depth of petulance and spitefulness that he reached last night.’
- ‘‘They were acting out of spitefulness and hatred’, said the plain-speaking Archbishop in an interview with our reporter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.