One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Elevate to a spiritual level.
- ‘What are the criteria that determine what should be spiritualized?’
- ‘For one thing, this overlap reminds us that a holistic spirituality should be neither individualistic nor spiritualized.’
- ‘Just as the Renaissance involved a general turning away from spirit and towards nature, so art itself became less spiritualised and more naturalised.’
- ‘Were they spiritualized, minimized, or did they fail to find fulfillment only because of the failure of the restoration to materialize?’
- ‘Many are of great beauty and delicacy, others veer toward the new - ageish and psycho - spiritualized.’
- ‘‘As writer and profeminist activist John Stoltenberg explains, patriarchal culture ‘romanticizes, spiritualizes, emotionalizes and psychologizes the right of men to own women… as property.’’
- ‘And when Krishna accepts the food, it becomes spiritualised.’
- ‘This vision of a new beginning in a pure and untrammeled land served to spiritualize the past where there were no antique monuments to do so.’
- ‘The problem is that the blemished sinfulness of the concrete church does not fit the blueprint, and as a consequence the nitty-gritty of Christian life and practice tends to be either ignored or spiritualized.’
- ‘His mother has become deified and spiritualized by the Indian crowd.’
- ‘Matter, once fallen, is spiritualized and made holy in the image of the Absolute.’
- ‘But the overall effect of the poem is one of denial, fabricated intimacy and an insulting treatment of a situation that in our culture has already been spiritualized and depersonalized to death.’
- ‘Now if once we allow people to start spiritualizing and refining, or as they might say ‘deepening,’ the sense of the word Christian, it too will speedily become a useless word.’
- ‘So there you go, plenty to entertain you, spiritualize you, educate you and most importantly make you laugh.’
- ‘People of the Ancient World didn't spiritualize the way they did to be cool, or to be rebellious.’
- ‘At lunch today we spoke a little about prasadam, vegetarian foods that have been spiritualized by being offered to Krishna in the temple.’
- ‘Miracle stories per se may be crude renderings of the seamless and spiritual way in which God truly responds to the world but, when properly spiritualized, they take on value.’
- ‘Art spiritualized, through unconventional spiritual practices and beliefs, is foundational to any appreciation of Page's visual art.’
- ‘She thus criticizes church teaching that is too abstract or spiritualized and seeks to correct the traditional dichotomy between the secular and religious lives.’
- ‘If literacy introduces John to the spirituality of the text, it also seems to spiritualize Lucy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.