One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Even those without a specific vice floated about spiritlessly.’
- ‘Anna and I were both on our hands and knees in the mud, scrubbing at the moldy old chair legs spiritlessly, while Martha and Lauren had resorted to sharing the burden of each stack of chairs they were carrying.’
- ‘It sounds as if it has spent the past few hundred years spiritlessly consorting with Ruritanian royalty.’
- ‘During one leg, he was throwing his darts spiritlessly at the board, as if he already had accepted defeat.’
- ‘He pulled his cigarette spiritlessly, and his voice was peculiarly dead and monotonous.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.