One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A stupa was originally a burial mound enshrining relics of a holy person, but over the centuries this has developed into tall, spired monuments.’
- ‘He crept up on a sentry, given away by the faint flicker of firelight on spired helmet.’
- ‘We all scrambled past the opened, tall, spired gate.’
- ‘To the West a great wall towered over the spired building, acting as a shield to the temple itself and to the city.’
- ‘The heroic duo took off in the direction of eight spired rocks to the west.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.