One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He crept up on a sentry, given away by the faint flicker of firelight on spired helmet.’
- ‘The heroic duo took off in the direction of eight spired rocks to the west.’
- ‘To the West a great wall towered over the spired building, acting as a shield to the temple itself and to the city.’
- ‘We all scrambled past the opened, tall, spired gate.’
- ‘A stupa was originally a burial mound enshrining relics of a holy person, but over the centuries this has developed into tall, spired monuments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.