One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular A field of electronics in which electron spin is manipulated to yield a desired outcome.
- ‘A processor based on the principles of spintronics could control the spin of electrons and create two possible states: up or down.’
- ‘Researchers in the field of spintronics are developing devices that use ‘spin polarized ‘electric currents - currents dominated by either spin up or spin down electrons.’’
- ‘They might also help scientists learn how to use the electron's ‘spin’, as well as its charge, to carry information in a new field known as spintronics.’
- ‘A third key area of research will focus on spintronics, or electron spin.’
- ‘Such properties taken together hint at device applications in spintronics; an emerging field that exploits the intrinsic spin of electrons as well as their charge in electronics devices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.