One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Often they picked one child - usually a daughter - to stay home with the parents, caring for them well into her spinsterhood.’
- ‘Her omnipotent Jewish mother valiantly works to end her daughter's spinsterhood, but to no avail.’
- ‘I swear to God… I am preparing for my spinsterhood.’
- ‘Is this the sound of my impending spinsterhood?’
- ‘Or perhaps, in a more generous mood, you'd have her turning 40 and sinking gracefully into the silent oblivion of confirmed spinsterhood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.