One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Dutch philosopher Spinoza or his ideas.‘the influence of the Spinozistic system’
- ‘Much has been written about the response of Einstein's contemporaries to his Spinozistic cosmic religion.’
- ‘Pain and reversal have bequeathed to him an indifference to the fickle viscissitudes of outrageous fortune that is 'philosophical' in both the colloquial, and the rigorously Spinozistic, sense.’
- ‘He's attained a Spinozistic wisdom, an awareness 'that there can be no hope without fear, and no fear without hope'.’
- ‘These are arguments for the existence of a Spinozistic or Deistic 'God of Nature' who or which leaves Nature and its creatures entirely to their own devices.’
- ‘The director's vision is of an immanent, impersonal, Spinozistic God, where God = Nature.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.