One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wire-haired gun dog of an Italian breed, typically white with brown markings, drooping ears, and a docked tail.
- ‘The Spinone is especially good in heavy cover or cold, wet conditions where his protective coat serves him well.’
- ‘As puppies the Spinone should have a nutritious diet to ensure the proper formation of the bones and joints.’
- ‘You will definitely meet lots of great people, learn loads about Spinoni and go home safe in the knowledge that, whatever the judge thinks, you have the best Spinoni in the world!’
- ‘Kind and patient in the home, the Italian Spinone is a serious, tireless hunting machine in the field.’
- ‘I wish I could own a Spinoni girl, but I have to learn more about the needs of this wonderful breed.’
- ‘The Italian Spinone is know for its calm, docile, demeanor, making them a great addition to any family.’
- ‘We pass a Spinone Italiano; it looks like Tom Petty.’
- ‘The Spinone, one of the first few breeds developed as pointing dogs, remains skilled at hunting to this day.’
- ‘The Spinone is a versatile hunting dog of ancient heritage with origins in northern Italy.’
- ‘The Spinone is an ancient breed from northern Italy, where it is a valued as a Gundog.’
- ‘The Spinoni italiano is a strong muscular dog, with a long face and human-like eyes.’
- ‘Said to drool and smell more strongly than some dogs, Spinoni are still relatively easy to keep clean.’
- ‘Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of available Spinoni, there may be more out there.’
- ‘Italian Spinone, also known as Spinone Italiano or Italian Griffon, is one of the oldest of all gun dog breeds.’
- ‘The Spinone Italiano breed comes in a variety of colors including white, orange, brown, and chestnut.’
- ‘The Spinone Italiano is now once again gaining in popularity, although it is still a rather rare breed.’
- ‘Like most breeds, with large pendulous ears, the Spinone is also susceptible to ear infections.’
- ‘I've seen Spinoni in Italy, France and Canada.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.