One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She couldn't believe she had behaved so spinelessly.’
- ‘They accuse Schröder of spinelessly orienting policy according to headlines in the tabloid-style Bild, Germany's most widely read newspaper.’
- ‘He was famous for his shouting matches, but also for standing up to the House Un-American Activities Committee when most producers spinelessly caved in.’
- ‘But to speak with humility does not mean that I speak spinelessly.’
- ‘No, I am spinelessly, gutlessly, violently terrified of flying.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.