One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A party game in which players take turns spinning a bottle lying flat, and then kiss the person to whom the bottle neck points on stopping.
- ‘Though kissing may become boring after a round or two of spin-the-bottle, kissing is a lot safer and less intimate than having oral sex in front of a crowd.’
- ‘It's bad enough that, every time I see her, I'm reminded of the time she laughed at me when I kissed her at Amy Levine's spin-the-bottle party in fifth grade.’
- ‘I don't want my first kiss to be in a game of spin-the-bottle like yours.’
- ‘After the meal, Robby, Ivory, Jenny, Preston, Krista, Spike, and Ramie went toward the board to play spin-the-bottle.’
- ‘There was an early spin-the-bottle game, but I'm not sure that peck counted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.