One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See spin dryer
- ‘For example, I use it to spin-dry herbs after I've washed them.’
- ‘Makes laundry day go by pretty fast when you can at least sit on it during spin-dry and end up smiling the rest of the day.’
- ‘One afternoon, whilst spin-drying the sheets, she leaned forward and accidentally nudged the washing machine with her… um… front bottom.’
- ‘Now there are three methods to choose from: the pull cord, the plunger and the new battery-powered version that rinses, then spin-dries at the touch of a button.’
- ‘But I did a lot more fiddling, and eventually got the water out of the machine and the clothes rinsed and spin-dried.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.