One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The action of spilling a liquid, or the fact of a liquid being spilled.‘packages are sealed to prevent spillage’‘data collection from sites of oil spillage’
- ‘He is already wearing his uniform with full-sleeve painting apron on top to alleviate potential porridge spillages.’
- ‘This dose would elicit maximal insulin response with minimal glucose spillage to urine.’
- ‘Another incident of spillage from the pipeline occurred close to the north-west corner of the field.’
- ‘Take your time, and avoid spillages of blood or body fluids.’
- ‘Toxic waste spillage has caused the inhabitants of a nearby spider farm to grow to enormous sizes.’
- 1.1 A quantity of liquid that has spilled or been spilled.‘be proactive in cleaning up any spillages’
- ‘If the contents were under pressure, the spillage could be significant.’
- ‘Examination by sight alone revealed spillage.’
- ‘Concerned residents were told that the spillage was cleaned up as quickly as possible.’
- ‘Ensure the concentrate and all spillages are contained within an area that drains back into the dip bath.’
- ‘As well as the igniting of oil wells, there was enormous spillage of oil into the Gulf.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.