One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Reveal copious information to someone in an uninhibited way.
- ‘There's something about the Internet that encourages us to spill our guts, often in rather outrageous ways.’
- ‘Well, it's not like he spills his guts to me or anything.’
- ‘Stephenson sat on the sink in his dressing-room while he spilled his guts about his marriage problems.’
- ‘If she feels the urge to spill her guts again, recommend that she speak to one of her friends instead.’
- ‘There's something inherently unglamorous about someone sitting in front of a screen, spilling their guts.’
- ‘If you don't wind up spilling your guts, at least sound her out on the possibility of visiting her.’
- ‘But spilling my guts on an Internet blog diary everyday is not something that I'm into.’
- ‘I was horrifically guilt-stricken and tempted to call his wife and spill my guts but I never did.’
- ‘I can rant or cry or laugh or be stupid or spill my guts, and she understands.’
- ‘She spills her guts and begs him not to tell Izzy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.