One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Kill or wound people.
- ‘‘Stop spilling our blood so we can stop spilling your blood,’ the message added.’
- ‘These people murdered the prophets; do you think they will stop spilling our blood?’
- ‘If you cannot give that promise, and will not release yourself from your vow, I have no choice but to spill your blood out upon the sand.’
- ‘This woman would have shot me down without any qualms, why should I feel sorry for spilling her blood?’
- ‘But I don't think they rejoice over spilling our blood nearly as much as they rejoice over the fear they put in our hearts.’
- ‘Spill it, son, before I spill your blood for your crimes.’
- ‘For the first time since they saw me, they feared me more than they wanted to spill my blood.’
- ‘All of you shall submit unquestioningly to my dominion, and I shall spill your blood if need be!’
- ‘They spilt their blood on foreign lands for us so that we can be free of oppression and divisiveness and so that this nation can be united.’
- ‘He's talking about a man who spilled his blood for the United States of America.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.