One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A high tapering heel on a woman's shoe.
wedge, wedge heel, stiletto, stiletto heel, platform heel, cuban heel, kitten heel, louis heel, stacked heelView synonyms
- ‘She's wearing a short skirt, black leather boots with spike heels, and a black tank top.’
- ‘Off the main streets, one can see women teetering on spike heels across cobblestones, a symptom of Romania's struggle to accommodate new and old.’
- ‘All he could see of her costume were her sheer black stockings and three-inch spike heels.’
- ‘His hungry eyes devoured the short tight red dress that showed her sexy legs, spike heels and low front, which did little to hide her pumped up cleavage.’
- ‘She made her way to the middle of the stage precipitously balanced on spike heels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.