Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A young spider.
- ‘As the spiderlings mature and begin to mill about, the mother becomes strangely subdued.’
- ‘The spiderlings of the horned baboon spider only commence moving about 50 days after hatching.’
- ‘The number of live emergent spiderlings was used as a measure of fecundity.’
- ‘If a favourable patch of ground is found around the burrow of the matriarch, the small spiderling will settle there.’
- ‘The emerged spiderlings disperse within a week.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.