Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Dilated capillaries on the skin, resembling spider legs, and common among children and pregnant women.
- ‘Sclerotherapy and laser treatment generally are performed on the smaller surface veins, which often are referred to as spider veins.’
- ‘But now, a procedure used to treat spider veins has been improved and doctors are using it to target bigger problems.’
- ‘What can be done to get rid of spider veins on the legs?’
- ‘Some pregnant women have spider veins on the face, neck, upper chest or arms.’
- ‘The result is dilated blood vessels or spider veins.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.