A plant of the lily family that has long narrow leaves with a central yellow or white stripe, native to southern Africa and popular as a houseplant.
- ‘Chelsea plays with the tip of a spider plant, flicking it with her fingers.’
- ‘It will be plants which are good at recycling carbon dioxide like spider plants.’
- ‘It was overflowing with hanging spider plants and overripe ferns.’
- ‘Andrea also uses this trick on her hanging spider plant.’
- ‘A towel rack hung on the shower door, and a spider plant trailed its long white-green tendrils across the counter.’
spider plant/ˈspīdər plant/
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.