Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A plant of the lily family that has long narrow leaves with a central yellow or white stripe, native to southern Africa and popular as a houseplant.
- ‘Andrea also uses this trick on her hanging spider plant.’
- ‘It was overflowing with hanging spider plants and overripe ferns.’
- ‘A towel rack hung on the shower door, and a spider plant trailed its long white-green tendrils across the counter.’
- ‘It will be plants which are good at recycling carbon dioxide like spider plants.’
- ‘Chelsea plays with the tip of a spider plant, flicking it with her fingers.’
spider plant/ˈspīdər plant/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.