One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cluster of minute red blood vessels visible under the skin, occurring typically during pregnancy or as a symptom of certain diseases (e.g. cirrhosis or acne rosacea).
- ‘The best response is seen with small thread veins, spider naevi and rosacea.’
- ‘A 34-year-old patient has experienced spider naevus on her right arm since the age of 10.’
- ‘As one can see from this picture, the spider naevi are not easily visualized in a picture.’
- ‘Most red scars and spider naevi are treatable in one or two sessions.’
- ‘The injection of a small amount of solution is normally enough to cause the spider naevus to disappear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.