One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A South American monkey with very long limbs and a long prehensile tail.
Genus Ateles, family Cebidae: four species
- ‘Everyone then heads for Monkey Island, home for an assortment of spider monkeys.’
- ‘They included films about giant tarantulas, jaguars, spider monkeys, vampire bats and many other jungle creatures.’
- ‘Among tamarins and spider monkeys, all males are dichromats - they can't perceive reds or greens.’
- ‘She looked to see a small and agile spider monkey with her banana.’
- ‘She is particularly keen to see spider monkeys, which are often rather elusive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.