Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A plant with clusters of flowers that have long protruding stamens or styles, giving the flower head a spiderlike appearance.
- ‘The images of the other four spider flowers were taken in the Lane Cove National Park in Sydney.’
- ‘If you grow plants that are notorious self-seeders, such as spider flower, removing the mulch at the end of the season will help to clear away most of the seeds as well.’
- ‘Native to South America, spider flower is a fast-growing annual that typically rises to 3-6’ tall on rigid stems.’
- ‘Cleome, or spider flower, another reseeding annual, will give a bed height with its white, pink/purple blooms.’
- ‘Cleome is known as the spider flower, and blooms in white or shades of pink or purple.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.