One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant with clusters of flowers that have long protruding stamens or styles, giving the flower head a spiderlike appearance.
- ‘Native to South America, spider flower is a fast-growing annual that typically rises to 3-6’ tall on rigid stems.’
- ‘The images of the other four spider flowers were taken in the Lane Cove National Park in Sydney.’
- ‘Cleome, or spider flower, another reseeding annual, will give a bed height with its white, pink/purple blooms.’
- ‘Cleome is known as the spider flower, and blooms in white or shades of pink or purple.’
- ‘If you grow plants that are notorious self-seeders, such as spider flower, removing the mulch at the end of the season will help to clear away most of the seeds as well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.