One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument which produces a line recording the strength and rate of a person's pulse.
- ‘The pulse tracings by the sphygmograph are equally significant.’
- ‘The sphygmograph was a first step in standardizing the recording and evaluation of pulses using technology.’
- ‘Dudgeon's sphygmograph was used for the pulse tracings.’
- ‘Included in the collection are a small number of sphygmographs, the first device to take a reading and transcribe it onto a chart.’
- ‘Using polygraphs, sphygmographs, dromographs and other myographs, he succeeded in analysing diagramatically the walk of man and of horse, the flight of birds and insects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.