Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of a class of compounds that are fatty acid derivatives of sphingosine and occur chiefly in the cell membranes of the brain and nervous tissue.
- ‘Sphingomyelins are the only sphingolipid that are phospholipids.’
- ‘We have modeled sphingomyelin, the most common sphingolipid in mammalian cells, by means of molecular dynamics simulations.’
- ‘The most important sphingolipids are sphingomyelins.’
- ‘In biological membranes, sphingolipids are essentially localized on the outer leaflet of the plasma membrane.’
- ‘Previous studies of this phenomenon have focused mainly on systems combining cholesterol with PC and sphingolipids.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.