One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a class of compounds which are fatty acid derivatives of sphingosine and occur chiefly in the cell membranes of the brain and nervous tissue.
- ‘The most important sphingolipids are sphingomyelins.’
- ‘Sphingomyelins are the only sphingolipid that are phospholipids.’
- ‘In biological membranes, sphingolipids are essentially localized on the outer leaflet of the plasma membrane.’
- ‘We have modeled sphingomyelin, the most common sphingolipid in mammalian cells, by means of molecular dynamics simulations.’
- ‘Previous studies of this phenomenon have focused mainly on systems combining cholesterol with PC and sphingolipids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.