One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant of a large division that comprises those that bear seeds, including the gymnosperms and angiosperms.
- ‘In the spermatophytes, the situation is reversed, and the gametophyte is the smaller and dependent generation.’
- ‘Only cycads, among living spermatophytes, also share such primitive attributes.’
- ‘For comparison, monophyly of angiosperms and spermatophytes is supported by 532 and 631 positions, respectively.’
- ‘The gene duplication event that gave rise to class I and class II knox gene superfamilies occurred before the divergence between bryophytes and spermatophytes.’
- ‘The spermatophytes, which means ‘seed plants’, are some of the most important organisms on Earth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.