Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A plant of a large division that comprises those that bear seeds, including the gymnosperms and angiosperms.
- ‘For comparison, monophyly of angiosperms and spermatophytes is supported by 532 and 631 positions, respectively.’
- ‘The gene duplication event that gave rise to class I and class II knox gene superfamilies occurred before the divergence between bryophytes and spermatophytes.’
- ‘Only cycads, among living spermatophytes, also share such primitive attributes.’
- ‘In the spermatophytes, the situation is reversed, and the gametophyte is the smaller and dependent generation.’
- ‘The spermatophytes, which means ‘seed plants’, are some of the most important organisms on Earth.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.