One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant of a large division that comprises those that bear seeds, including the gymnosperms and angiosperms.
- ‘In the spermatophytes, the situation is reversed, and the gametophyte is the smaller and dependent generation.’
- ‘For comparison, monophyly of angiosperms and spermatophytes is supported by 532 and 631 positions, respectively.’
- ‘The gene duplication event that gave rise to class I and class II knox gene superfamilies occurred before the divergence between bryophytes and spermatophytes.’
- ‘The spermatophytes, which means ‘seed plants’, are some of the most important organisms on Earth.’
- ‘Only cycads, among living spermatophytes, also share such primitive attributes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.