Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The production or development of mature spermatozoa.
- ‘The strategy for spermatogenesis - the production of sperm - is different.’
- ‘When teaching students, I describe the processes of spermatogenesis, ovulation and fertilisation as a continuum with implantation and early pregnancy development.’
- ‘Its production - spermatogenesis - involves cell divisions and reorganization of chromosomal material, which generates genetic diversity.’
- ‘Reproductive maturity is achieved with the establishment of regular menstruation and ovulation in females and mature spermatogenesis in males.’
- ‘The constant effect over time argues in favour of either paternal germ cell mutation or other damage to spermatogenic stem cells or the testicular cells necessary for supporting spermatogenesis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.