One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place where semen is kept in cold storage for use in artificial insemination.
- ‘Jeremy had eagerly donated to the Nobel sperm bank, and spawned many, many children with various wives, because he wanted to spread his seed as far as possible.’
- ‘I was honest about being gay at the first sperm bank I went to - and so my semen was tossed out with the trash.’
- ‘There's nothing stopping your lesbian friends from visiting a sperm bank and appointing you an honorary uncle thereafter.’
- ‘When infertility is a possible outcome arising from a variety of medical conditions, it may be worth considering having sperm saved in a sperm bank for later use.’
- ‘While waiting to make a deposit at a sperm bank, they overhear a loquacious orderly talking on the phone about a patient.’
- ‘Indeed, there was talk of creating a sperm bank for geniuses.’
- ‘Their only hope of fathering children is to store their sperm at a sperm bank before they start chemotherapy.’
- ‘The director of a sperm bank in the Northeast characterized the consumer selection process in this way.’
- ‘Did you not read the part about the trip to the sperm bank?’
- ‘In October it also became the first US sperm bank to set up shop in Canada.’
- ‘We moved on to fertility drugs and then frozen sperm purchased through a sperm bank.’
- ‘California Cryobank, the largest sperm bank in the country, can store semen indefinitely at 312 degrees below Fahrenheit.’
- ‘As a precaution, many men store their sperm in a sperm bank before treatment.’
- ‘I just tell him I got them from the sperm bank instead of boys I know.’
- ‘But the following month, when I called to place my order with the sperm bank, I learned the donor I had chosen was no longer available.’
- ‘In your passion for researching the story, you, too, went through the process of donating in a sperm bank - although you did not make your genetic material available for others to use.’
- ‘We have already had a few phone calls from concerned men who put sperm into the sperm bank.’
- ‘Like some men who prefer not to donate to a sperm bank, many couples would rather not reproduce at all than reproduce without having any subsequent relationship with resulting offspring.’
- ‘He'll be responsible for child support for 18 years, and things could get messy, while the law does protect people who donate sperm to a sperm bank.’
- ‘We did a lot of research on the sperm bank, the donors, and what you have to go through.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.