One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for spellchecker
- ‘I will ‘learn to spell’ when he gets a spelling checker.’
- ‘This is not only true with spelling checkers and tax programs, it's also true with industrial applications.’
- ‘If Microsoft Word's spelling checker's autocorrection feature is switched on, it capitalises the word for you.’
- ‘One major drawbacks is that it doesn't include a spelling checker.’
- ‘Away from spelling checkers, way out in the email chatrooms, anything goes.’
- ‘Bellow is a verb meaning ‘emit a loud, deep, hollow, prolonged sound such as a bull might make, or to speak or shout in a manner reminiscent of this’; that's why a spelling checker wouldn't have caught the mistake.’
- ‘I found that version 8 always crashed if I ever used the spelling checker.’
- ‘Before you submit your page to the search engines, run the page through an html checker and a spelling checker.’
- ‘Several people have written in to point out that Microsoft Word's spelling checker corrects ‘Grammelot’ to ‘Trammeled’, and is therefore the most probable culprit in this case.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.