One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for spellchecker
- ‘Away from spelling checkers, way out in the email chatrooms, anything goes.’
- ‘Several people have written in to point out that Microsoft Word's spelling checker corrects ‘Grammelot’ to ‘Trammeled’, and is therefore the most probable culprit in this case.’
- ‘I found that version 8 always crashed if I ever used the spelling checker.’
- ‘This is not only true with spelling checkers and tax programs, it's also true with industrial applications.’
- ‘One major drawbacks is that it doesn't include a spelling checker.’
- ‘Before you submit your page to the search engines, run the page through an html checker and a spelling checker.’
- ‘I will ‘learn to spell’ when he gets a spelling checker.’
- ‘Bellow is a verb meaning ‘emit a loud, deep, hollow, prolonged sound such as a bull might make, or to speak or shout in a manner reminiscent of this’; that's why a spelling checker wouldn't have caught the mistake.’
- ‘If Microsoft Word's spelling checker's autocorrection feature is switched on, it capitalises the word for you.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.