One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A criminal trial held after minimal delay, as considered to be a citizen's constitutional right.
- ‘It seems to me that for these reasons the classic balance of convenience test favours the granting of an interim injunction, possibly with directions for a speedy trial.’
- ‘A common example is the accused who expressly waives his right to a speedy trial.’
- ‘He directed a speedy trial, and the speedy trial began before me on Wednesday the 6th June 2001.’
- ‘At that hearing the judge effectively stood over the application to trial and ordered a speedy trial.’
- ‘I was repeatedly coerced into waiving my right to a speedy trial because my attorney could not prepare for trial without being able to review the evidence against me.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.