One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Quickly or promptly.‘your claim will be dealt with as speedily as possible’
rapidly, swiftly, quickly, fast, post-haste, at speed, at full speed, at the speed of light, at full tilt, as fast as one's legs can carry one, at a gallopView synonyms
- ‘Aid workers said law-and-order must be speedily restored to avert a humanitarian disaster.’
- ‘Persistent young offenders were dealt with speedily, and victims were treated with proper consideration and given good support.’
- ‘I will press for the investigation to be conducted speedily.’
- ‘On the positive side the airport is developing speedily and we are well positioned as a gateway area.’
- ‘To be fully effective, these drugs need to be given as speedily as possible to heart attack victims.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.