One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Quickly or promptly.‘your claim will be dealt with as speedily as possible’
rapidly, swiftly, quickly, fast, post-haste, at speed, at full speed, at the speed of light, at full tilt, as fast as one's legs can carry one, at a gallopView synonyms
- ‘Aid workers said law-and-order must be speedily restored to avert a humanitarian disaster.’
- ‘To be fully effective, these drugs need to be given as speedily as possible to heart attack victims.’
- ‘I will press for the investigation to be conducted speedily.’
- ‘Persistent young offenders were dealt with speedily, and victims were treated with proper consideration and given good support.’
- ‘On the positive side the airport is developing speedily and we are well positioned as a gateway area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.